Sunday, May 28, 2006

Lost

So, I've starting to re-catch up on Lost again. I was watching the season finale last Wednesday, and, while I plowed through Season 1 a year ago, and stayed caught up for half of season 2, it just kinda faded for me for a while. Yes, House was a big reason, and I started watching Justice League, but I just didn't find the time for it.

Anyway, the season finale got me intersted again, and thus I started to catch up.

Some thoughts:
Libby on the show definitely can look good. She generally does in her curly light dirty blonde hair, usually tied back. But in the flashback sequence where she was a redhead, she looked BAD. I mean, like Charlize Theron in Monster, but add sulfuric acid to her face bad. It isn't the redheaded-ness (my thoughts on redheads in show biz supports this: http://mrssacappella.blogspot.com/2006/04/why-are.html), but rather that it was all frizzy and poofy and stupid looking, making the rest of her just as frizzy and poofy and stupid looking.

Trying to figure out the hottest one on there. Kate is cute, but the buckteeth bugs me. It's a bit of a toss up between Shannon (dead) and Claire. And, while Shannon I think has the more All American hotness, Claire's personality and, y'know where this is going, her accent wins out.

When in a tie situation, the accent (Aussie (Perth > Sydney > Melbourne) > Kiwi > Cape Breton > French > Spanish) wins out. British can do it, but it carries a sense of... prudeness that doesn't fully do it for me. German/Dutch/Russian accents are a bit much. Southern charm doesn't do it for me either. And, of course, Chinese/Indian/Japanese/Korean accents just blows.

That said, Sun on the show is pretty cute. And, surprisingly, her accent doesn't detract anything.

Oh yeah. Michelle Rodriguez can both be somewhat okay looking (e.g. "cleans up nice"), and just plain gross looking.

And girliest man on there? Eko and Boone (also dead) are a toss up. ;)

No comments: