Monday, March 27, 2006

"Accidentally In Love"

Alrighty. I got home from school, and decided to just chill and listen to some music. Pulled out Counting Crows - Accidentally In Love (from Shrek 2), and started to, as one would expect a person who enjoys singing to do, sing along.

After the song played through, I dug through my music, and found my arrangement for it. So I sang the song again, this time the Alto part. Then the Tenor part. Then the Soprano part. Then the Bass part.

Holy crap. This is going to be SOOOOO good. The parts are hard. Even though I arranged it (it was like 4-5 months ago), I still stumbled as would a second run of sight-reading.

But damn. As I went through it, I was amazed by the intricate rhythm involved in some passages, and can already hear the interplay of the parts. It can get to be pretty grand when 4 main parts, +1 extra part, + solo, + some split parts are all happening, but I feel those times are offset by the periods of quiet interludes. This will totally be a song that you need to listen to it a few times to get hear all the parts...

Oh, MAN! This is gonna be so good. We likely won't start this for a few weeks (want to nail down Sweet Surrender and go through California Dreamin' first), but when we get to AIL, this will be absolutely fantastic.


*anticipate and salivate*

No comments: